PROJECT ARCHITECT WANTED
Facet Architecture is a growing commercial architecture firm doing business primarily in the Northwest Indiana market with an established client base in the area focused on increasing market share and geographic reach. Projects include diverse commercial and light industrial, renovation, and new construction projects.
An immediate opening is available for the position of Project Architect within our organization.
The Project Architect’s primary responsibility will be to participate in the conceptual design and provide full support through the design of projects. In general, this person will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Architectural Design: Plan and design commercial buildings with guidance from Senior Architectural staff. Project size and complexity will vary from small renovation projects to large ground-up $10-20 million projects in the Northwest and North Central Indiana area.
- Project Management: Many of the projects will involve integrated delivery systems (i.e. Design/Build, Fast-Track Construction Management, etc.). This person will need to develop a strong understanding of all project systems and will be asked to be involved in all aspects of project design development.
- Build and develop relationships with new and existing clients to cultivate a personal portfolio.
- Assist with Project Administration: Work with Construction Project Managers, Consultants, and other team members to review project submittals, answer requests for information and other administrative tasks.
- Communicate With the Project Team: Maintain communication with all parties involved with a project. Open and timely communication will be a key to the success.
- Document Production: Produce drawings, details, specifications, renderings, and graphic presentations for clients and for contractors.
Desired Skills Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Must be a team player, detail-oriented with strong computer skills and be able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Education: preferred professional degree in Architecture with licensure (State of Indiana)
- 5+ years of experience in commercial architecture.
- Demonstrate ability to produce commercial construction drawings & details.
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of typical commercial construction systems and detailing.
- Proficient in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and work independently, with minimal supervision
Facet Architecture is a division of Larson-Danielson Construction Co., Inc. Formed in 1908, Larson-Danielson is a Design-Builder and General Contractor located in La Porte, Indiana. Larson-Danielson’s ability to successfully offer turnkey solutions to clients in the Design-Build arena, as well a performing General Contracting, operating as a Construction Manager and self-performing many trade packages, distinguishes Larson-Danielson as a versatile and adaptive company. Because of this versatility, Larson-Danielson has maintained a strong client base and continues to experience growth.
Facet Architecture offers a competitive compensation package, including attractive benefits. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Facet Architecture is an equal opportunity employer.