GRADUATE ARCHITECT WANTED
Facet Architecture is a growing commercial architecture firm doing business primarily in the Northwest Indiana market. Facet is a recently developed division of a successful commercial construction firm, with an established client base in the area, and is focused on increasing market share and geographic reach. Projects include diverse commercial and light industrial, renovation, and new construction projects.
An immediate opening is available for the position of Graduate Architect within our organization.
Our Corporate Core Values are Safety, Relationships, Responsiveness, Reliability, Quality, Leadership and Value.
The Graduate Architect’s primary responsibility will be to assist with the design of commercial architectural projects. The Graduate Architect will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborate on Design Projects: The Graduate Architect will help plan and design commercial buildings along with a team of Architects. Project size and complexity will vary from small renovation projects to large ground-up $10-20 million projects in the Northwest and North Central Indiana area.
- Develop Comprehensive Design Skills: Many of the projects will involve integrated delivery systems (i.e. Design/Build, Fast-Track Construction Management, etc.). The Graduate Architect will need to develop a strong understanding of all project systems and will be asked to be involved in all aspects of project design development.
- Assist with Project Administration: Work with Project Managers, Consultants, and other team members to review project submittals, answer requests for information and other administrative tasks.
- Communicate With the Project Team: Maintain communication with all parties involved with a project. Open and timely communication will be a key to the success of the Graduate Architect.
- Document Production: The Graduate Architect will produce drawings, specifications, renderings, and graphic presentations for clients and for contractors.
Desired Skills Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Must be a team player, detail-oriented with strong computer skills and be able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Education: preferred bachelor’s degree in Architecture with a path to licensure (State of Indiana)
- 1-5 years of experience in commercial architecture or a related field, or experience as an intern.
- Demonstrate ability to produce commercial construction drawings & details.
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and time management skills
- Proficient in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and work independently, with minimal supervision
- Willing to work 40+ hours per week on a regular basis
Facet Architecture is a division of Larson-Danielson Construction Co., Inc. Formed in 1908, Larson-Danielson is a Design-Builder and General Contractor located in La Porte, Indiana. Larson-Danielson’s ability to successfully offer turnkey solutions to clients in the Design-Build arena, as well as performing General Contracting, operating as a Construction Manager and self-performing many trade packages, distinguishes Larson-Danielson as a versatile and adaptive company. Because of this versatility, Larson-Danielson has maintained a strong client base and continues to experience growth.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including attractive benefits. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer.