Careers: Project Engineer
Formed in 1908, Larson-Danielson is a Design-Build General Contractor located in LaPorte Indiana. Larson-Danielson’s ability to successfully offer a conscientious turnkey solution to clients in the Design-Build arena, as well a performing General Contracting, operating as a Construction Manager and self-performing many trade packages, distinguishes Larson-Danielson as a versatile and adaptive company. Because of this versatility, Larson-Danielson continues to experience growth and is looking to add a Project Engineer position that will allow an individual to gain experience in all aspects of project management and estimating under the direction of more experienced individuals.
Our Corporate Core Values are:
- Safety – Our Work Safe/Stay Safe program is our first priority
- Relationships – Partnering, with an emphasis on collaboration, respect and cooperation
- Responsiveness – Timely and proactive in manner to understand and meet our clients’ needs
- Reliability – We do what we say we will do, every time
- Quality – Every task we perform will be a conscientious effort to provide the highest quality
- Leadership – We all lead with vision, passion, humility, and by example
- Value – A constant pursuit of quality & productivity enables us to deliver the best value to our clients
Reporting: The Project Engineer will report to the Director of Project Management.
- Assist Project Manager on the management of projects that includes preparation of correspondence, planning and documentation of project meetings, tracking and updating project schedule, preparation and/or procuring shop drawing and installation instructions as required, tracking deliveries and coordinating construction materials and equipment per project schedule, tracking RFI and Change Order processes, issuing purchase orders as required, preparing close out documents, and creating punchlists and/or deficiency logs and tracking through completion.
- Assist the Project Manager with communication to Project Superintendents that includes making sure they are kept up to date with current plans and posting plan revisions on jobsite, and coordinating the work of different trades and review submittals for conflicts between trades.
- Assist with the review of shop drawings from subs and suppliers for meeting plan and specification requirements and for dimensional properties to meet construction requirements.
- Providing field and office engineering by consulting with office engineers, as needed.
- Assist the estimating process that includes sending out bid invitations, working with subcontractors and suppliers to achieve best bid-day pricing, perform detailed scope reviews with subcontractors and suppliers during the bidding process, performing take-offs, and working on contract buy outs.
- Complete small estimates under the direction of a Project Manager or Estimator.
- Take responsibility for, and manage, small projects under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Provide coordination and maintenance of good relationships with the Owner, Designer, Subcontractors, and other entities associated with the projects.
Desired Skills Experience and Personal Characteristics:
- Preferably working towards, or having obtained, an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in the construction-related field, with some previous construction experience.
- Be able to read plans and specifications and be willing to expend the time to learn the plans and specification requirements thoroughly for the projects assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong computer skills
- Must be a self-motivated individual interested in developing the necessary skills to become a Project Manager or Estimator, and a Team Player.
Larson-Danielson offers a competitive compensation package, including typical benefits. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Larson-Danielson Construction Co, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.