Larson-Danielson Construction Company, Inc. was founded in 1908 by two brothers, Charles and Frank Larson, and their cousin, Emil Danielson. Prior to this. Charles Larson, a millwork contractor, and Emil Danielson, a mason, had been partners. The second generation – Raymond Larson and Marvin Danielson – joined the firm in 1922. The third generation of Thomas Larson and Dan Danielson took leadership in 1965.
In 1992, the fourth generation of leadership – Tim Larson, Terry Larson, Tom Walter and Mark Danielson – took control. In 2018, we began the transition into our fifth generation of ownership. This fifth generation of leadership assumed officer roles in 2022, and includes Brian Larson, Nick Larson, Jeff Jensen, David Merkel, and Pat Lockwood.
A Tradition of Excellence
Since its inception, Larson-Danielson has been a general contractor. During the 1950’s, we ventured into the ready-mix concrete business and home building. Now, our primary focus is on construction of commercial, industrial and institutional facilities, primarily in Northwest Indiana.
Today, we are among the top general contractors in the State of Indiana, with annual volumes reaching over $90 million and over 200 employees. We have worked for nearly every municipality and public entity in Northwest Indiana. In addition to maintaining our roots in general contracting, we have also become one of the leading firms in Design/Build and Construction Management in the region.